Thursday, May 23, 2013

For want of a nail...

So this Joomla thing got me curious about other CMS's. Surely if I can manage Joomla, I can conquer anything. Somebody on a post (thank you Renee), mentioned that Droupal was easier. This sounded great to me, so I decided to dabble......Well, it turns out Droupal provides no way to dabble with it - you have to download it to a server. Now, I will be the first to tell you that I am technologically challenged. My specialty is in crashing computers, not working them. 
So I called our IT person. Needless to say, my simple problem (how do I get a server) turned into a long and over-my-head discussion. The long and short of it is, if I want to create a website and don't have readily access to a server, I would be better off using a provider rather than trying to get my laptop to serve as one. Apparently, it's a little involved. 
So there you go, my dreams dashed in one fell swoop. "For want of a nail the kingdom was lost". However, I will not give up! I will not surrender! I will carry on! .....<shuffles off to look for server providers>

No comments:

Post a Comment