Thursday, May 16, 2013

If a tree falls in the forest.....

...and no one is around, did it really happen?This analogy is sort of how I feel about Twitter. If nobody follows you-did it really happen? It seems to me, Facebook lets you follow a person's progression through their life. Twitter is just a small glimpse of what that person is doing or feeling. I think Twitter could be easy to misinterpret. It just is too small a sample size to get a clear picture of a person or event. Facebook feels much more stable, Twitter goes where the wind blows.     

2 comments:

  1. I've always felt that way about Twitter, too. I've recently discovered a new use for it as a kind of journal. The idea I'm talking about is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tracyu/5404784033/

    Same concept, I think. At least the way I'm thinking about it. Will it really be there in 5, 10 years though? Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's waaaay too much work for me! Lol. It's a neat idea though and I like your example. I just would never actually do it. But go for it....it will be a fun keepsake and digital footprint.

    ReplyDelete